There's an old saying "don't mess with perfection." And we get it. When something is dialed—a true crowd pleaser—why risk ruining it with unnecessary modifications? But like everything, there are exceptions. For example, beer is perfect. Cheese is perfect. But when you combine the two and make beer cheese, it becomes next level.
Beer cheese makes an excellent dip for veggies, soft pretzels, or sour dough bread. You can also use it to top nachos, bratwurst, or burgers. Heck, you can even dip a finger in when no one's looking. So, the next time you fill up your uKeg, consider using a little of that beer to create your own beer cheese masterpiece.
Beer Cheese Sauce Recipe:
· 1 cup beer
· 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· 1/2 cup heavy cream
· 2 tbsp flour
· 2 tbsp unsalted butter
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp onion powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture starts to turn golden brown (about 2 minutes).
3. Gradually add the beer, heavy cream, and spices, whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Stir in the shredded cheese and continue stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Some Notes on Beer Choice
The beer you use will have a big impact on the final flavor. Light lagers will result in a milder, smoother taste, while dark porters or stouts will add a more robust flavor to the sauce. And if you're a hop head, IPAs will give the finished product a bold depth of flavor. Our recommendation? Experiment with different beer styles to find the flavor that best complements the foods you're serving alongside it.